Checklist for Reentry
There is no doubt that the first 72 hours of your return to the community is very critical. The Reentry Task Force extends you a Warm Welcome Home!!! With that welcome is a challenge; make every effort to take charge of your success. You can do it and we are here to help you. The following is a checklist to assist and serve as a guide.
- Report to Parole Office within 24 hours, or as instructed.
333 Washington Street, Syracuse, NY 13202 315-428-4093
- Ask Parole if you qualify for Reentry Services
- Take charge of your documentation: ID, release papers and ‘job history” while incarcerated.
- Check into approved residence – get settled.
- Take care of food needs at a food pantry.
- Go to the Department of Social Services to apply for housing assistance, Medicaid, food stamps, and other services.
John H. Mulroy Civic Center
421 Montgomery St. Syracuse, NY 13202
- Browse this website to find places to get help.
- Seek out employment opportunities.
- Look into GED programs.
- Obtain a free “Assurance Wireless Phone” | application
- Apply for SSI.
- Make needed connections as directed, take the initiative and find out who can help and with what.
- Get their names & contact information, write it down, let them know your interest.
- People tend to show interest with those who express interest.
- Don’t be afraid to be the squeaky wheel – you have a reason and a right to be persistent.
- Obtain your Certificates of Relief.
- Sustained success!